Adbominoplasty, or tummy tuck, creates a firmer and flatter stomach. This procedure is for patients who have a surplus of fat on the lower part of the abdomen, excess skin, or visible stretch marks. The surgery is often combined with liposuction to improve the shape of the abdomen and waist line. It is also possible to combine this procedure with a breast surgery for a complete treatment of the upper body.
Following an abdominoplasty, the patient will move around with a bent back for the first few days, which can lead to back pain. However, the posture progressively straightens out during recovery. Furthermore, the size and length of the scar depends on the amount of skin removed, which varies from patient to patient.
The patient can expect a firmer abdominal wall, fewer stretchmarks, and adequate silhouette.
Associated fees :
Cost of the surgery:
7 800 $
More information about this surgery
Before the surgery
- Avoid blood-thinning medications.
- Stop smoking.
- Adhere to the fasting period and clean your skin thoroughly with an antiseptic.
The surgery in steps
- General anaesthesia.
- Removal of the excess skin and fat especially in the lower part of the abdomen.
- Localized scarring in the lower part of the stomach, sometimes combined with a scar around the belly button.
- Gradual return to activities after 10 to 14 days
- Rest with the head raised and a pillow under the knees to reduce pain.
- Removal of the bandages and possibility of taking a shower 48 hours after the surgery (unless indicated elsewise).
- Recommended to move around shortly after the procedure.
- Shower allowed, depending on if patient has drain.
- Bleeding, infection, accumulation of liquid in the abdominal wall, phlebitis, wound dehiscence, and rejection of the stitches.
- Bad scarring, loss of sensitivity in the lower part of the abdomen, maintenance of the loose abdominal wall or loose skin.
What to watch out for
- Pressure drop, bleeding of the wound or significant bleeding in the drain, discharge, fever, pain in the calves, and shortness of breath.
We’d be happy to meet you in person and we’ll take the time to answer your questions and concerns.Book an appointment