Breast surgery for men
Gynecomasty is a surgical procedure that corrects the shape and size of a man’s breasts. This type of surgery improves the shape of the patient’s breasts and harmonizes the proportions of the upper body. Gynecomasty removes excess glands or fat accumulated in the chest area caused by natural growth, weight gain, medication, or steroids.
The patient can expect an improved silhouette and increased comfort in the upper body, whether clothed or not.
Associated fees :
Cost of the surgery:
More information about this surgery
Before the surgery
- Avoid blood-thinning medications.
- Adhere to the fasting period and clean your skin thoroughly with an antiseptic.
The surgery in steps
- General or local anaesthesia
- Subtle incision on the breast or in the armpit.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 days off work.
- Gradual return to activities in line with the patient’s tolerance for pain.
- Follow the surgeon’s instructions as per the bandages and compressive clothing.
- Normally, removal of the bandage and possibility of taking a shower 24 hours after the surgery.
- Wearing the provided compressive sleeves is necessary.
- Hematoma, suboptimal operation, bad scarring.
What to watch out for
- Swelling, significant pain in the breasts, asymmetrical swelling, and significant bruising.
We’d be happy to meet you in person and we’ll take the time to answer your questions and concerns.Book an appointment